Happy beers-giving to all! It is turkey day in the US so I’d like to give a shout out to all my American followers (all one of you)!
Now, Thanksgiving is not done in Australia at all and in Canada it’s done on the second Monday of October, but I still feel it’s always nice to recognize the things in your life that you are grateful for. Now, I’m generally sentimental, so I’m grateful for a lot, but here’s my short list of life and beer related things I can graciously say thank you for.
1) My Wife – What can I say? This woman puts up with my beer rantings/snobbiness on a daily basis and enjoys a few with me on top of it all.
2) My Family – I haven’t seen my family in two years, and it’s wonderful to know that I can just come back and everything feels like home again. I also got to meet my new nephew and see my niece again for the first time since she was a baby.
3) This Trip – In two months, I’ve managed to visit 9 countries, 19 different cities/towns, and countless pubs and bars. I’ve been able to try Belgium beers at the source and get my coveted “Founder’s Hangouts” badge on Untappd. I consider myself incredibly lucky.
4) Australian Brewers – I’m thankful everyday that we have such a great group of folks providing the very best in beers and working tirelessly to bring us more. Folks like Bacchus, 4 Pines, Little Creatures, All Inn, 4 Hearts, etc etc etc. Honestly, to sit and list everyone might end up hitting some unspoken word count restriction on WordPress. You guys are great.
5) You Guys – Last but not least is you folks who take the time to read my diatribe. It’s a fledgling blog, but the support I’ve gotten from readers and members of the beer community so far has made the effort worth it. Thank you.
Well, that’s enough gushy sentimentality from me today. Feel free to post what your thankful for this Beers-giving!